Founded by, Adv. Galia Cohen and Adv. Viki Ventura, Gaila Cohen & Co. Law Offices is a leading litigation firm. It litigates in all areas of law, including complex civil-commercial disputes, white-collar offenses, control struggles in companies, derivative and class actions, administrative law, antitrust, and defamation.
The law firm specializes in litigating in all areas of law, enabling comprehensive legal facilitation and a broad perspective of complex legal issues and guaranteeing the formulation of creative solutions in accordance with each case’s characteristics.
Helping Clients with the Best Solution
Being a boutique law firm, Gaila Cohen & Co. Law Offices is highly selective of the cases it chooses to handle at any given time. This limited number of cases enables the firm and its team of lawyers to provide a thorough, personal, and direct service without any time limitation, work volume, or the use of any external advisors at the highest possible standards.
The law firm specializes in all areas of law, including;
- Civil Litigation: Galia Cohen Law Office specializes in representing complex civil cases, where precedential legal questions and complex evidence issues arise. These complex cases are usually characterized by their large financial scope and their precedential, cross-sectional, or far-reaching implications. These cases include, inter alia, large contractual disputes, shareholders’ struggles in private and public companies, complex real estate, banking, and finance lawsuits, lawsuits concerning the capital markets, telecommunication, venture capital, etc.
- Derivative and Class Actions: The law firm represents defendants both during the stage of the court approval of class and derivative actions and in the management of the proceedings. It represents public corporations and senior officers (such as CEOs, CFOs, and chairpersons of boards).
- White Collar Offenses: The law office also specializes in representing businesspersons, public and private corporations, senior officers in such corporations, and public officials (including executives in government-owned companies). The firm accompanies the clients from the early stages of the investigations (including arrest proceedings and temporary asset forfeitures) and also in the management of the legal proceedings themselves. These cases include government corruption cases, including bribery cases, securities offenses, antitrust, and money laundering.
- Administrative Law: The law firm represents prominent figures and corporations in pre-litigation proceedings before various regulatory entities as well as in all courts of law, including the Supreme Court. In addition, the firm represents its clients in non-judicial administrative tribunals such as disciplinary courts in suspension proceedings, license revocation, etc., and also in appeal committees.
- Defamation: Gaila Cohen & Co. Law Offices also represents public officials and leading executives, both local and foreign, in the media and in front of private parties. Additionally, the firm represents its clients during all stages of the high-profile case, before and after its publication, and specializes in handling sensitive matters in the press and the business arena.
Leading the Charge
Adv. Galia Cohen graduated from the Law Faculty of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (LL.B.) and the Law Faculty of Tel Aviv University (LL.M). She has over two decades of experience in appearing before all courts and tribunals in complex commercial disputes and white-color crimes and counseling her clients before the matter reaches litigation. Adv. Cohen is particularly experienced in representing several international and Israeli corporations and officers, well-known Israeli and foreign corporate executives, public and elected officials, and CEOs of government-owned and privately-owned companies in complex proceedings before all of the courts and mediations and arbitrations.
Adv. Cohen has deep expertise in representing complex civil, administrative, and criminal proceedings and has extensive experience in providing a complete solution for handling crises.
With more than two decades of expertise, Adv. Cohen has helped establish several important legal precedents in civil-commercial litigation and has achieved outstanding results in other litigation areas. Adv. Cohen started her career as an intern at Danziger Klagsbald & Co. Law Offices, which she later joined as a lawyer and handled several complex civil litigation procedures before the Supreme Court of Justice. Later she became a partner in Dr. Klegsbald’s law office and continued to manage complex litigation cases alongside him. Eventually, in 2015 Adv. Galia opened her new firm Galia Cohen & Co. Law Offices, which she leads today.
On the other hand, the law firm’s other partner, Adv. Viki Ventura graduated from the Law Faculty of Tel Aviv University and School of Management. She joined the Bar in 2014 and gained her litigation experience, inter alia, in Dr. Klegsbald’s law office, where she also met her current partner Adv. Cohen.
Adv. Ventura regularly represents corporations, officers, entities from the public sector, and leading and prominent businesspersons. In 2019 Globes Magazine recognized Adv. Ventura as one of Israel’s 40 Most Promising Youths.